New GNU / Linux course
Milan – From the third-fourth week of April the new GNU / LINUX basic course will be held organized by the ColorPorpora Humanist Center, it will be divided into 8 lessons in which participants will practice doing everything they do with windows or Mac and even some what more.
The themes will be as follows:
– The GNU / LINUX philosophy.
– Installation of the operating system.
– Configuration of your own video card, sound card, printer, scanner.
– Installation and uninstallation of programs from both graphical and console tools (rpm, deb, etc)
– Configuration of ADSL modem, network card.
– Possible compilation of programs.
– How to use some windows programs on Linux.
– Organization of the GNU / LINUX filesystem, how the various devices are hooked up, etc …
“Those enrolled in the course – reads a note – will be able to suggest some topics they want to deal with. The site dedicated to this project will also be online shortly: diffusionelinux.zonatre.org “.
“The course – continues the note – is suitable for people who normally do all these operations with Windows or Mac. It is free, a contribution is required for the rental of the premises and for the maintenance of the PCs. Furthermore, reciprocity in volunteering is required of the participants, which consists in giving the availability of any other voluntary activity to help others (be it a course, or practical help) “.
More info at:
Dario Belli – [email protected]