Again, The evil dogPost-apocalyptic adventure game, The Last of Us Part 2 Get six (6) wins and Game of the Year.
The Last of Us Part 2 had six wins last night, including Game of the Year. It also won other titles such as Best Audio Design, Best Narration, Best Action Adventure Game, and the inaugural Accessibility Innovation Award.
Also, other games have won various awards. They were games like Innersloth’s Between Us, From Square Enix Remake from Final Fantasy 7, Sucker Punch’s Ghost from Tsushim, and supergiant ****, with each game packing two plates.
The Game Awards also recognized three new citizens of the world: Akiki Interactive’s Dr. Adam Gazzaley, Checkpoint’s Dr. Jennifer Hazel, and the Latinx in Gaming organization.
In addition, the show celebrated 50 people as part of its inaugural Future Class ceremony, which represents “the bright, daring and inclusive future of video games.”
🏆 LAST OF US PART II IS THE GAME OF THE YEAR !! 🏆 Congratulations @The evil dog on an AMAZING night at #TheGameAwards! #TheLastOfUsPartII pic.twitter.com/OUGKbniY6t
– Game Awards (@thegameawards) December 11, 2020
During the event, new games were revealed and their first trailer was shown. On the list, the one that took everyone by surprise was Ruined King: A League of Legends Story.
This game is the first standalone game in the League of Legends tradition. But for unknown reasons, it has been delayed from its launch in early 2021 to a more general “2021,” according to developers Riot Forge and Airship Syndicate.
Check out the first trailer below:
Here’s what Ruined King: A League of Legends has in store for us:
“Players will be able to explore the world, navigate the winding streets of Bilgewater, and discover the mysterious dungeons of the Shadow Isles. As players progress through various locations, they will come across various secrets, traps, and puzzles, as well as new enemies and monsters that roam the environment.
Players can interact with their environment, either by chatting with friendly NPCs or by engaging in combat with enemies. Each champion will have two dungeon abilities that they can use in dungeons to initiate combat, interact with creatures, or the environment while exploring. Some puzzles or secrets can only be solved with specific champions, such as breaking weak walls with Braum’s shield or revealing stealth enemies with the Orb of Ahri.
Here is the list of Game Awards winners for 2020 in the hierarchy:
• Best e-sport coach: Danny ‘Zonic’ Sorensen
• Best esports event: League of Legends World Championship 2020
• Best esports host: Eefje ‘Sjokz’ Depoortere
• Best Sports Team: G2 Sports
• Best Esports Athlete: Heo ‘ShowMaker’ Su
• Best esports game: League of Legends
• Content Creator of the Year: Rachell “Valkyrae” Hofstetter
• Global Gaming Citizens: Latinx in Gaming, Dra. Jennifer Hazel (CheckPoint), Dr. Adam Gazzaley (UC San Francisco, Akili Interactive)
• Impact games: tell me why
• Best Community Support: Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
• Best score and music: Final Fantasy 7: Remake
• Best story: The Last of Us Part 2
• Best Audio Design: The Last of Us: Part 2
• Best multiplayer: between us
• Best current game: No Man’s Sky
• Best Art Direction: Ghost of Tsushima
• Best action game: Hades
• Best Action Adventure Game: The Last of Us: Part 2
• Best Simulation / Strategy Game: Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Best role-playing game: Final Fantasy 7: Remake
• Best Family Game: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
• Best sports / all the rage: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2
• Best mobile game: between us
• Best fighting game: Moral Kombat 11 Ultimate
• Best Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality Game: Half-Life: Alyx
• Best Performance: Laura Bailey, Abby – The Last of Us Part 2
• Most anticipated game: Elden Ring
• Innovation in accessibility: the last of us: part 2
• Best Debut Game: Phasmaphobia
• Best Independent Game: Hades
• Player Voice: Ghost of Tsushima
• Best Director: The Last of Us: Part 2
• Game of the Year: The Last of Us: Part 2