Follow these simple steps to set up a recurring bill reminder with the My Bills app on your Android smartphone.
When tracking personal and business expenses, some people prefer a cloud-based platform like Mint to keep track of their bank account balances and recurring bill payments. However, not everyone wants to rely on an online cloud service to manage these activities.
My Bills is an Android app offered on the Google Play Store for $ 1.99 (USD. Before purchasing the app, you may want to try the ad-based My Bills Free service. The best part about My Bills is that you don’t have They provide information about your bank account or even connect to the Internet.All it does is organize your expenses and then alerts you when the payment deadline is approaching.
Mobile Enterprise Newsletter
BYOD, apparel, IO, mobile security, remote support, and the latest phones, tablets, and apps IT pros need to know about are some of the topics we’ll cover. Delivered Tuesday and Friday
Setting up My Invoices is very easy. In the following example, I will show you how to start a recurring invoice reminder:
- When you start the application for the first time, touch the Bill Calendar icon.
- On the calendar screen, press the R button in the upper left corner.
- Click the plus sign[+] and then fill in all the relevant details regarding recurring expenses.
- Once you touch Save, you will return to the calendar to review this and any other invoices that are currently active. To edit an invoice at any time, simply touch the date and invoice in question.
- Lastly, set the reminder time by pressing the Back button on the Android menu bar and then tapping the exclamation point icon called Reminder.
- Change the notification time and the number of days in advance that you want the reminder alert to go off, which can be set up to three days in advance.
Touch the Invoice Calendar icon.
Tap the R button in the upper right corner.
Fill in all your payment details.
Touch a date and invoice to edit the saved information.
You can set the reminder to activate up to three days in advance.
That’s it! You have set your first monthly bill payment reminder. Just repeat these steps for any additional expenses you may have.
What other financial apps do you use on your Android device? Share your experience in the discussion thread below.