ASUS ready with the new M530w
Milan – Asus is increasingly projected on the multifunction smartphone market and announces the launch of the new M530w for September. Where W stands for Windows (Mobile).
The device is presented by the company as a business messenger phone, and is actually equipped with features suitable for an executive target, normally present on products of this type and which have long been present on the market (such as the “famous overseas” Treo from Palm and BlackBerry from RIM).
The connectivity offered by the M530w model supports GPRS and UMTS, Bluetooth 2.0 EDR and WiFi (802.11 b / g). The hardware heart of the smartphone is the Marvell PXA 270 416MHz processor, while the software is Windows Mobile 6. Support for push messaging allows access to mail services such as those based on MS Exchange or BlackBerry 4.0 and the ClearVue suite allows consultation of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files.
There are two cameras: the front one, with VGA resolution, is for video calls, while the one on the back, 2 Megapixel, is for taking pictures and recording small videos. To be seen, along with other multimedia contents, with Windows Media Player. The smartphone measures 117x65x13.8mm and weighs 135g. The maximum autonomy declared for the lithium-ion battery (1200 mAh) is 5 hours of talk time and 200 hours of standby time.
These are the other technical features of the new Asus M530w, which is expected to be marketed from next September. The price will be 399 euros, including VAT:
– 2.4-inch TFT TFT display with 65 thousand colors, 320 × 240 pixels;
– Extended QWERTY keyboard;
– WAP HTTP / WAP 2.0 support – JAVA J2ME (CLDC 1.1 + MIDP2.0);
– Organizer, World Clock, Calculator, File Manager, MSN utility
– Messaging SMS, MMS 1.2, and E-mail (push);
– Support MP3 / WMA / AAC / Midi / eWMV audio and MPEG4 / H.263 video;
– Built-in 256MB Flash + 64MB SDRAM internal memory.